2017 Partner Site Annual Training
Join Silos & Smokestacks National Heritage Area on Monday, April 3 for the Partner Site Annual Training at the Heartland Acres Agribition Center in Independence. Attendees will enjoy educational sessions by local, and state presenters; and special announcements by Silos & Smokestacks President Cara Miller. This event is just for YOU, our Heritage Area Partner Sites staff and volunteers!
Registration TODAY. First two representatives from each SSNHA Partner Site or Emerging Site are FREE. Each additional site representative is $30 each. All others not affiliated with a SSNHA Partner/Emerging Site are welcome to attend at $75/registrant.
8-9 a.m. Registration, Networking, Continental Breakfast
9-9:20 a.m. Welcome Remarks by SSNHA President Cara Miller & Deputy Secretary of Agriculture Michael Naig, Recognition of New Partner Sites
9:20-9:50 a.m. Keynote Presentation- SSNHA President Cara Miller
9:50-10:30 a.m. Silos Basics and Volunteer Training Methods-Candy Streed and Laura Elfers, SSNHA Staff
10:30-10:45 a.m. Break
10:45 a.m.-12:00 p.m. Breakout Sessions
- Low Maintenance Social Media: Get Social Without the Headache, Alyssa Nolte, ITracking Research
- Find Your Ag Story, Laura Elfers, SSNHA Education Engagement Director
- Exhibits 101: Practical Tips for Affordable Exhibitis, Leo Landis, Museum Curator at State Historical Museum of Iowa
12:00-1:15 p.m. Lunch
Resource Development Round Table: Chris Olson, Four Mounds Inn & Conference Center, Wally Murphy, Carnegie Culture Center, Mary Ann Townsend, Floyd County Historical Museum, Cyd McHone, Grout Museum District
People’s Choice Site of the Year and Partner Site Anniversary Awards
1:15-1:30 p.m. Break
1:30-2:15 p.m. Moving Forward Together: Renewing Our Relationships, Defining our Responsibilities and Beginning Evaluations, Candy Streed, SSNHA Director of Partnerships
2:15-3:30 p.m. Breakout Sessions
- 5 No-Cost Digital Marketing Tactics, Amy Zeigler, Iowa Tourism
- Agriculture Connections: Resources, hands-on activities, and ideas for engaging students, Cindy Hall, Iowa Ag Literacy Foundation
- Executive Round Table: Partner Site Directors meet to discuss issues facing Partner Sites
3:30-3:45 p.m. Break
3:45-4:15 p.m. Partner Site Minute Highlights
4:15 p.m. Drawing for 4 FREE Quarter Page ads in the 2018-19 Visitor Guide (Must be present to Win)
4:30 p.m. Thank you for coming!
Scroll down to download speaker presentations.
Click HERE to download PDF of Presentation.
2016 Speaker Presentations:
- Bringing History to Life while Meeting Academic Standards, Stefanie Wager, Iowa Department of Education Social Studies Consultant and Megan Stout Sibbel, Iowa Museum Association Board of Directors, and Chair, Teaching Iowa History with Local Resources. Click HERE to download PDF of Presentation.