Join Silos & Smokestacks April 3rd for the Annual Partner Site Meeting at the Heartland Acres Agribition Center in Independence, IA.
The Capture the Heart of America Photo Contest is now closed. Congratulations to the winners of 2016! Click here to view them all.
From dairy farms and museums to vineyards and tractor assembly tours, the story of American agricultural comes to life at more than 100 sites and attractions in this 37-county region of Northeast Iowa.
At Silos & Smokestacks National Heritage Area we value preserving the story of American agriculture.
Preserving and Sharing America’s Agricultural Story
Silos & Smokestacks National Heritage Area preserves and tells the story of American agriculture and its global significance through partnerships and activities that celebrate the land, people, and communities of the area.
- Winterfest Jan 23
- Making North America: Origins January 21-23
- Backcountry Film Festival January 28
- Laura Ingalls Wilder 150th Birthday Party February 5
- Making North America: Humans February 18-20
- American Serengeti Febrary 25-27
- Ancient Indian Culture of Northern Arizona March 11-13
- Savor Iowa's Rich Culinary Heritage March 22
Jan 21Winterfest in the Amana Colonies
Jan 21Woven Words Book Discussion: Drinking Coffee Elsewhere
Jan 21Paddle Day
Jan 2154th Annual Effigy Mounds Film Festival: Making North America: Origins
January 9, 2017
November 22, 2016
October 20, 2016